Friday, January 23, 2015

Blog Updates: Sixteenonce Joins Instagram





The time has finally come. I have created an Instagram page for sixteenonce. It is still in the beginning stages, but I am really excited about where it may take me. I just signed up a few days ago and I was kinda surprised at how few people were actually following and likening my page, but I realize that it's a lot harder than it seems. 

 Social media is one of the most important parts in creating a blog. It is the only way to get people who don't know you, to find your blog. Once they discover it the whole thing spirals, and hopeful that will lead to a bigger success for my blog. These days, social media is the main platform for starting any sort of business or whatever. Technically you could just rely on word-of-mouth or foot trafic, but the fastest way to start is by informing people who might not ever hear about what you do through hashtags and such. I know hashtags are a bit overused and usually not just for publicizing what you do, but it is one of the smartest tactics for doing so. Through a hashtag you may reach someone who is interested in the stuff you do, but wouldn't otherwise be able to find you. 
Anyways, if you are looking to get your blog (or whatever else you do) out to the public I really suggest signing up for as many social media accounts as possible and using a lot of hashtags (but not too many), and hopefully you will be a success in no time. It just takes some work and patience. 


Here is a preview:



xoxoxo
Nina



Song stuck in my head right now: Summer Wind - Frank Sinatra



No comments: