Friday, January 10, 2014

Life Update: My Bracelets

So I don't know if anyone has noticed in any of the pictures I have posted of myself in any of the other blogs, but I always wear a bunch of bracelets on my right hand. A lot of people come up to me sometimes and ask me about them. They want to know if I made any if them, where I got them, when I got them, and are just generally curious about them. That is why I realized that I bet some people who read my blog probably wonder the same things. So I decided that I am going explain them to you one by one. Don't worry there aren't to many. 



The first one is a piece of yellow wrapping ribbon that is wrapped around my wrist twice to secure it. It isn't very interesting to look at but it has a lot of meaning to me. I have gone to summer camp for the past 6 years and coming up on my 7th. On the last night of camp this year we did an activity with ribbon and at the end we each cut the ribbon and tied it around our wrists to remind us of the summer. We are all trying to keep the bracelet on till next summer.


The next is a bracelet that my mom made for me that I think is really cool.



The 3rd my mom also made. It is a piece of a shirt that she tie-dyed and then tied into a long string and wrapped around my wrist.



This one is a bracelet that I made myself out of brown string. I'm very proud of it :)



This one I made at camp. It is made out of beads and was really easy to make. 



The last one that my mom also made but it actually came from one of my sisters old shirts. It was the cuff of her sleeve. I love how it is double sided because since I wear it all the time, if one side doesn't match my outfit I can always switch it to the other side. My mom keeps on telling me that she thinks it looks gross but I don't see it. I think it looks really rugged and cool. I like it a lot. 




If anyone wants me to do a DIY blog showing how to make any of these just leave a comment below and I can definitely do that. 


xoxoxo
Nina 


Please follow me :)

No comments: