Friday, August 21, 2015

Blog Update: Turning 17, Staying 16


Ever since I named this blog "Sixteen Once" the same question has been asked by almost everyone... "What happens when you turn seventeen?" My answer is always the same, and it is that everyone at some point in their lives is sixteen once. We all are, will be, or were 16.
I must admit that when I first decided on the name, I didn't intend for it to mean this. It was a happy coincidence. 
Now that I am officially no longer 16 (yes, I'm 17!!), I feel like I should explain the theory behind the name.
The number 16 reminds most people of a sweet sixteen, thus making it a girly number. 16 is also an age right in the middle of one's teenage years, and the main audience that I cater to on this blog is teenagers. My birthday is on August 16th. And finally, as I mentioned before everyone is 16 once, thus making it a relatable number (just like this is a relatable blog).
But what I think is the most important reason for the number in relation to this blog is the feeling you get from it. It is a happy number. 16 makes me smile. The goal for Sixteen Once is to to share my thoughts, teach some things I know, give my readers new ideas, but most importantly it is to make people happy. I sometimes throw in a joke to make you laugh too.
Thank you to everyone who reads Sixteen Once, and who supports me. These past couple years have been so fun, and I don't plan to stop posting any time soon.



xoxoxo
Nina


Song stuck in my head right now: Sixteen Going on Seventeen - Sound of Music

No comments: