Thursday, February 5, 2015

Look Book: Mustard Yellow and a Vest


These past two weeks have been crazy at school. Last week we missed two days for our first snow days, and then this week we missed two more! Don't get me wrong, I love spontaneously missing school and getting to wake up at 11:00 am, but after too much time in my house wearing the same sweatpants for days I start to feel really gross and bored. It's also really hard to go back to school after these long weekends. After long vacations, I especially have a hard time getting back into the flow of things and remembering what work I had done before break. Sometimes I wish that instead of having a bunch of breaks in the middle of the year we could have one super long summer vacation. But, then again, having to go a whole year of school without any breaks would be much more difficult. 

So this time, I decided that instead of sitting in my bed all day and watching TV I would get ahead on a bunch of blog posts I want to do in the future.

This is the first!

This winter season there have been two trends that I have been loving: mustard yellow, and vests
Mustard: Everywhere I go, I am just drawn to the mustardy yellow shades. I find that the earthy tone goes with everything and has this wonderfully warm sensation that makes me want to buy everything in its color. 
Vests: I remember a couple years ago nobody would dare go near a vest. They were a fashion-faux-pas! But now, everywhere I look there is someone wearing a vest, whether it is a black one from UNIQLO or a classic North Face. They are this year's winter trend and I definitely find myself falling for it. A vest is a great accessory that takes any outfit and makes it comfortable and wintery (and super cute). 













Sweater: H&M
Jeans: Madewell
Shoes: Gap















Vest: UNIQLO

Shirt/Tunic: Urban Outfitters
Leggings: Splendid
Shoes: (Brand) Born

xoxoxo
Nina



Song stuck in my head right now: In My Life - The Beatles

No comments: