Friday, May 22, 2015

Look Book: Prom


So something really exciting happened last Sunday, and if you read the title of this post you probably already know what I'm referring to. PROM HAPPENED!! For years I have imaged what prom might be like, what I would wear, who I would go with, but my expectations were pretty far off. 
The pre-prom pictures happened at my friends house and all the juniors were invited. I'm really glad that we were all together because it was nice to see everyone before you actually got to prom and it made the whole experience a lot less awkward. 
My school is pretty traditional in the sense where there is the expectation that a boys is supposed to 'prom-pose' to a girl in a public way and they will go to prom together, take pictures with their arms around each other, and buy corsages and boutonnieres. There are exceptions though, and nobody is judged for how they decide to spend their prom. I was one of them. I ended up asking my friend from out of school if he wanted to go to prom with me and we went together along with another friend (Yay breaking gender norms!). The three of us didn't take any couple-y photos and didn't buy flowers, but I didn't feel like I was missing out. Going with friends made the entire night so much fun, and I couldn't have asked for better dates. I am a huge supporter going to prom with friends.
Prom itself was basically just a dance party. There was an okay DJ who played okay music that everyone danced too. There was some food, but it wasn't great. The theme of the room decorations was Alice and Wonderland, and that was pretty cute.
Overall, the reason prom was so fun was because everyone go to dress up and have a ton of fun with friends.

My Outfit
Dress - Piperlime.com
Shoes - Dune London
Clutch - Anthropologie

My Makeup
Eye Shadow - Urban Decay Naked 3 palette
Eye Liner - e.l.f. gel liner
Eye Brows - Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow
Blush - Benefit Cosmetics Rockateur
Mascara - e.l.f. Essential Volumizing Mascara, Maybelline Great Lash
Lipstick - SEPHORA COLLECTION Rouge Shine Lipstick in Love Letter











xoxoxo
Nina


Song stuck in my head right now: Wannabe - Spice Girls

No comments: