Friday, May 29, 2015

Favorites: May (and dealing with stress)


May, along with everything else, is coming to a close. The end of May and beginning of June is one of the more stressful times of year. School work starts to pile up, summer plans need to be finalized, and the anxiety that comes with finishing one grade and moving on to the next is a lot to handle (especially if that next grade happens to be your senior year of high school...eeek!).

There are a lot things people do to keep their stress level from reaching its maximum, but for me its pretty simple. I just try to focus on each day as they come and pay attention to the positives.

Here are some of my favorite things from the month of May that kept me sane:

One
Do one fun thing at the end of every day as a reward for working hard. This doesn't mean procrastinating and doing that fun thing instead of homework, it should just keep you motivated. I started a new TV show from the mid 90's called 'My So-Called Life'. Its is a story about teen angst. The main character, Angela, is a 15-year-old girl who faces the trials and tribulations of being a teenager and dealing with friends, guys, parents and school. It is so good, and I love ending my day with Jordan Catalano ;)


Two
Pamper yourself. Sometimes taking a long hot bath with a soothing bath bomb is more than necessary. Maybe even wear an item of clothing or an extra makeup product to help boost your self confidence. Last week I took a much-needed bath with my Lush Cosmetics Twilight bath bomb, and I also bought a new Lip Balm just for fun.




Three
When you're hungry, eat. Have a small snack before or while you work to keep your mind off your stomach. When I get hungry I make myself a bowl of mixed Erewhon Organic Cereals (you can find the brand at Whole Foods). The brand makes all types of delicious healthy flavors; my favorites being Quinoa & Chia, Buckwheat & Hemp, and Crispy Brown Rice. Mixing them all together makes for a totally healthy and totally filling snack.



xoxoxo
Nina


Song stuck in my head right now: Lean On Me - Bill Withers

No comments: