Friday, October 31, 2014

Favorites: October


October is coming to an end, so I decided that (since I haven't done one in a while) a 'favorites' post was due. These are just a couple things I have been absolutely loving throughout October, and will probably continue to love for much longer.

#1
White High-top Converse
I wear these shoes pretty much everyday. They are perfect for casual days but you could even get away with wearing them with something nicer like a dress or a skirt...just maybe not too fancy.

#2
Essie Licorice Nail Polish
I tend to be afraid of wearing any nail polish color that isn't black or some shade of blue, so this classic essie color lasts super long (which is great since I am a huge nail biter) and even when it does chip, it still looks pretty awesome.

#3
A to Z
I have recently started to watch a ton of TV shows, like a little bit too many, but one show that I love is called A to Z with Ben Feldman and Cristin Milioti (who I loved from How I Met Your Mother). It is basically a show about the relationship between these two characters Andrew and Zelda, hence 'A' to 'Z', and is a super cute entertaining comedy. You should all start watching it.


#4
Sudoku App
I know this sounds weird but when I was younger, like probably around age 8 or something, I loved playing Sudoku. For those of you who don't know is a logic-based number-placement puzzle game. The objective is to fill a 9×9 grid with digits so that each column, each row, and each of the nine 3×3 sub-grids that compose the grid contains all of the digits from 1 to 9. Anyways, I was obsessed with it and would play it in the on an airplane...pretty much everywhere. So a couple weeks ago I decided to get a sudoku app and haven't been able to put it down since. ;)


#5
Sephora Collection Rouge Cream Lipstick
in color Courtisane 02

and


#6

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette
I was very inspired this fall to try out a darker red lipstick color. This stuff stays on all day and barely looses its color. I only had to re-apply like once through the whole day. It was just really fun to wear, and it made it really feel like autumn outside.
For the eyeshadow, I found that the pink colors worked perfectly for my skin tone and they are light enough that if you want to create a subtle eye look it is easy to do, and also easy to build up for a darker look.



















#7

Madewell
I have recently become a huge Madewell fan. Although the clothing there is super super SUPER expensive, I could spend hours in the store walking around and just admiring everything. Their jeans are amazing, and their sales are actually not half bad. You could get a reasonably priced shirt that is super cute and really high quality, so that price is totally worth it.
#8
DevaCurl anGel
If any of you have curly hair, then you can understand the struggle of finding the right hair product for your type of curls. I began using this product this month and the difference between what my hair used to look like and how it looks now is so substantial that I am never going back. The anGel product is a hair gel but it doesn't make my hair crusty and lasts literally 24 hours. It also works for any type of curl, so if you need a new product try this out.


xoxoxo
Nina



Song stuck in my head right now: Don't Go Breaking My Heart - Elton John and Kiki Dee 


No comments: